CBPS security section is responsible for the management and co-ordination of the security network in all strategic areas of the campus in liaison with other University of Nairobi officials.
The section is headed by a Senior Assistant Director of Security at the level of Assistant Registrar deputized by Security Officer.
The section has responsibilities to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the security network in Chiromo campus, Chiromo Funeral Purlour and Chiromo hostels in Lliaison with other University of Nairobi officials.
- Take all necessary steps to detect and prevent crime incidents and apprehension of offenders.
- Administration of Chiromo security personnel and matters affecting security in liaison with the Director of Security and Safety Services.
- Ensure that the Director Security and Safety Services and CBPS Principal are fully informed of matters relating to crime, security and incidents at Chiromo.
- Inquire into matters of criminal nature and maintain contacts with external security organs in matters relating to crime and other incidents.
- Maintaining close contacts with other functional units in Chiromo, good industrial relations within the security team and with other employees of University of Nairobi.
- Maintain good public order at Chiromo.
- Identify and ensure that training needs of the security team are addressed and that the team is well drilled and fit to conduct tasks assigned to them.
- Investigate traffic and occupational accidents occurring within Chiromo campus precincts.
- Investigate reported cases of misuse and loss of University property or facilities in Chiromo.
The Security section in CBPS is headed by: Mr. Daniel Okelloh:
Other Staff Members:
Wesley Mutai - Security Officer
John Gatuku - Security Officer
Kibet Koech - Security Officer
Evalyne Oloo - Security Officer
Peter Mwanzia -Security Officer
Emmans Olloo - Security Supervisor
Nashon Walukaya - Security Supervisor
Francis Nkarichia - Security Supervisor
Benedict Ogao - Security Supervisor
Boniface Ndiwa - Security Supervisor