Every year, the security department continues to deal with emerging trends of insecurity. The department has managed to secure life and property of the University, by
- preventing and detecting crime through everyday patrols by the security officers/guards
- apprehending criminals caught within the university premises and having them prosecuted in courts of law
- by recovering stolen items and property from criminals
- enforcing laws and regulations of the University, hence ensuring peace and rule of law especially during events like students elections.
- creating awareness to staff and students about safety and security through seminars, training and issuing of safety alerts
- liaising with other security agencies to secure the university.